Retrospect Ramblings and Reasonings

(Like the alliteration?) This blog is just as the title implies. It is here that I ramble and reason in retrospect of today or days gone by. Oh, and if I'm feeling ambitious, perhaps I'll even venture into the days to come.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A little under the weather

Yesterday I was really sick! I thought several times about calling the ambulance to take me to the ER, but always decided not too, because I know everyone on the squad, and it would be way too embarrassing. Yesterday I woke up early to get ready for work, and the moment I sat up, I noticed things were not right. I had severe nausea and dizziness, and ached all over. I managed to go to work anyway, because I have no clue what's supposed to happen when the substitute teacher gets sick! I drove to work holding a bag by my face, just in case. I suffered through the day, and actually vomited in a trash can in the classroom, about halfway through the day. Thankfully, there were no students there at the time. I noticed that I was developing a fever, my aches were seriously increasing in intensity, and I was getting weaker every moment. I also checked my pulse a few times, and noticed it was a bit fast. Actually, it started at 100, and was 114 by the time I left school at 2:30 (I left early because I had no students last period). When I finally got home (and I think it was a miracle that I did!), I literally collapsed in my bed, and slept until about 4:30, when the fire whistle and my pager went off. There was a huge storm that had brought some tree limbs and wires down. I slept through the whole thing. Well, the whole night was basically miserable, and my condition just kept getting worse. Thankfully, I woke up this morning feeling much better! I was still not 100%, but I was able to work all day without vomiting, so that's good. Also, my aches and pains are pretty much gone, and it's just the stomach stuff I'm dealing with now. Well, since my last blog, I've been busy, as usual. Mostly I've been doing the same stuff as usual - youth pastoring, work, ambulance calls, historical society stuff, etc. I went to Pennsylvania for a little while to visit my grandparents and help them out with some things. I've also been getting ready for an upcoming mission trip to Puebla, Mexico. I will be there from June 27th to July 6th. In more recent news, Saturday I got to hang out with Kevin, Melissa, and Dann, who are really good friends of mine, that I haven't seen in quite some time. That was great! We had a fire and just chilled for a while. It was a blast! Monday (Memorial Day), I was in a couple of parades. I just rode in the passenger seat of the ambulance and waved at people. Then another pastor and I led a memorial service at the Fire Department, because we are the Chaplains. In the afternoon, I went to the movies and saw "Poseidon." It was ok. Then I went shopping (more looking, actually). The only thing I bought was a pair of capris, that are kind of a faded olive-green color. I really like them, and they were on sale... yeay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home