Retrospect Ramblings and Reasonings

(Like the alliteration?) This blog is just as the title implies. It is here that I ramble and reason in retrospect of today or days gone by. Oh, and if I'm feeling ambitious, perhaps I'll even venture into the days to come.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Whew, it's been awhile. I just can't seem to keep up with this blogging thing. I don't know how some people do it everyday. Well, anyway, I'll try to give an update of what's been going on since my last post. OK, I was recently accepted to grad school. I'm pursuing a Master of Government Degree. So, lately I've been doing a lot of things to get ready for school, like applying for all kinds of financial aid, and doing enrollment and orientation stuff. I really hope I won't have to take out gigantic loans, although, right now, it looks that way. For now, I'll be doing online classes, because it would be really irresponsible (and not very nice) of me to just leave my youth group, church, fire department, etc. on such short notice. Maybe someday, though, I'll actually move to the campus... maybe not. In other news, I've been applying for some jobs. I had one interview last week that went really well. I'm pretty sure I'll get offered a job there, but I'm not sure that I want to accept it, because the pay is not good. I have another interview this Thursday, and I'm hoping it goes well, because this job would pay better, and I think I'd like the work more, too. I applied for one other job, as well, but I haven't heard from them yet. If none of these jobs work out (either because they don't hire me, or because I'm not satisfied with their offer), then I might just wait until September and then go back to substitute teaching. My position has been held for that, so technically I'm still employed as a substitute, anyway. Now for the fun stuff! I took my youth group camping and whitewater rafting about a week and a half ago. That was a lot of fun. Actually, it was a lot of work, but it was fun, too. I liked the camp so much, that I'm going back there next week (but this time without the youth group)! It is really beautiful and serene there. There's no electricity, and there are no motor boats allowed. That makes it far more quiet and rustic than most campgrounds, and attracts a different kind of clientele. This Saturday, I will be conducting another marriage ceremony. This makes number three. I really like doing people's weddings. It's such a wonderful, joyful thing to be a part of. That's all for now, I guess. Tune in next time for more of Kookie's adventures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home